Since I posted last I have had a few mothering moments that really make you go HUH???
"The Bead"
I was having a quiet morning just relaxing on the couch eating breakfast and reading the paper while the kids enjoyed their morning cartoons. All of a sudden Shelby came upstairs asking for a tissue. I figured that she has a stuffy nose as she often gets with allergies. But she kept putting her finger up her nose and that is not typical for her. I asked her if she had a booger she needed help with and tried to have her blow her nose. Well it was no booger but a pearl sized bead that she had wedged up her nose and was pushing further and further up as I figured this all out. Well I had to take action and get this bead out before it was lodged in her sinuses. So I actually knew where the long tweezers were and with a few tears on her part and skillful maneuvering on mine the bead was freed. I thought that we were over this behavior! I guess not. Jen said it best when she commented "When did that seem like a good idea?"
"The Name"
Speaking of "When did that seem like a good idea?" Mitrian had one of these moments just a few days ago. I was so shocked by her actions that I could not even get mad. I guess that is what utter exhaustion will do to you. I guess that there was a spare screw driver laying around and the wooden table just sitting there in the kitchen that Mitrian thought it would not be a bad idea to carve her name in the table top! No I wish that I was kidding. Since she was called out on it she knew that she could not deny it, A: It is her handwriting B: None of the other kids can spell her name
C: The dog does not have an opposable thumb!
She tried to use the it was an accident line, that did not work. I have never seen an accidental carving before. So I pondered what her punishment should be because that is such a huge thing that she needs to not forget it. The first one that came to mind was making her sand it out, but that would mean I would have to sand the rest and restain the entire set. This did not seem like a great idea.
Then a friend gave me the idea that she has to spend her money and buy a tablecloth or something to cover it up. I like this idea! It is the winner!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Funnies
Posted by Kim at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, this makes me feel so much better, that my children are not alone in pulling crazy stunts at times. The carving is so classic. It will be there forever for her to remember her "handiwork".
Interesting...I can't think of anything more incriminating that carving your own name into a something. nevertheless, something posessed me to carve my name into the soft wood of my violin when I was 10...it was a rental violin. Why do we do this?
Post a Comment