I had this story posted and then deleted it but due to much demand here it is again.......
The kids in my afternoon carpool have become quite accustomed to me bringing snacks for the ride home after school. I was happy to do this until last week when I caught a glimpse of the backseat in my van :{ It was a mess! And for me to say that the car is a mess it is really bad! I took the opportunity to start putting all of the wrappers, food, candy, and such in a garbage bag to dispose of it. The more and more stuff I found the less and less likely it was getting that the kids would be getting snacks for a long time. These kids are second and third graders who sit in the way back! Not preschoolers! I thought that it was bad but then it got worse! How you might ask? I found prechewed chunks of something which I am hoping were gushers in the cup holders in the back seat. No one has confessed and truthfully I do not want to know who did this because it was beyond gross. And I have a strong stomach! So every day the kids are still asking if I brought a treat and I just smile and say no. I have explained why too many times and they just think I will forget or cave in. We will see who lasts longer! The thing is I have not banned my own personal "treats" from the car just carpool treats!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Carpool Treats????
Posted by Kim at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is a good one! Stay strong, Kim, they are old enough to know better, especially the big kids. They will rise to your expectations after a dry spell.
you have to have all current shots and make sure you sign waver saying you will not judge me before you get in my car! it's disgusting! we travel so much in it that happy meals are all over the place, and when it's cold i dont get to clean it out once a week like i usually do in the summer time! GROSS!!!
I am so sorry!!! I agree with my mom! Stay strong. You should have a car clean out party in like a month or so and let them clean it out!
Post a Comment