As I was at a baby shower for a friend a few weeks ago I began to ponder why the lemons in the punch bowl were floating and why the limes sank. I could not answer this puzzling question on my own so I did some research. Was it the rine that made the difference? NO Was it the weight? NO Size? NO
Check out the following link and watch the video for the answer.
http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/floating-lemons-and-sinking-limes
My third grader has a science fair in a few weeks and guess what project we are doing ;)
Monday, January 28, 2008
Why do lemons float and limes sink?
Posted by Kim at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, love the new template, very cute!
This lemon/lime thing is very curious, I thought I understood density but this seems to be a bit of a mystery!
I need to get on it with Piper's science project if we are going to do one!
This is going to be one of those things I remember when I have forgotten my name...! Love you new look too!
love your new background you should check mine out! i'm going to check it out!
Post a Comment