CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Drama on the afternoon carpool

I have decided to share bits and pieces of the drama that unfolds during carpool each afternoon. I can not keep such funny things to myself!
---Julia comes running to the car last week and tells me frantically that Connor has to go to the hospital. I see Connor getting in his mom's car and he seemed fine so I continued to question Julia. Why does he have to go to the hospital? She breathlessly tells me that he has broken his EAR and has to go to the hospital to get it fixed. At this point I am doing everything I can to not burst out laughing because I knew this would crush Julia. So I buckled her in and then went behind the van and let out a big chuckle.

---Next is an incident that happened just yesterday. Mitrian and Piper both have a big report due tomorrow so both have been totally stressed and rather grumpy lately. Yesterday seemed to be the breaking point. As I was getting back in the car after dropping Connor off I was greeted by both girls just sobbing. I could not figure out what had happened in 30 seconds while I was out of the car to cause such a response. I never really figured it out but in literally 2 minutes they were laughing, still sporting tear stained faces. Can we all say mood swings.

I WILL POST MORE ON THIS TOPIC AS FUNNY THINGS HAPPEN!

5 comments:

Jen Stewart said...

All I can say is...sorry! May the force be with you as you navigate the wild and crazy carpool! I'm sure Lowell might have a thing or 2 to add to the mix!

V and Co. said...

so this is what i have to look forward to? yikes! :)

Laura said...

Love these funny stories, keep them coming!!!

Bonnie said...

Kim this is just great. Julia...she is a jewel, isn't she? What actually happened to Connor's ear? I am assuming it wasn't anything major as I talked to Missy yesterday and she didn't mention it.

As for the fluctuating moods..just wait about 3 years! Fasten your seat belt...it is coming!

Kim said...

Connor's ear was OK. I guess that Zach (all 25 lbs of him) has stepped on his ear the night before. So this is where the "broken ear" idea came into play :)