Happy Valentines Day!
I do not know why but I am not a born lover of Valentines day. I have never been into this holiday in a romantic way, could be the realist or pesimist in me (either will work). I love the children's aspect of Valentines Day. Giving valentine cards to the kids at school and your friends but that is about the end of it. It may be that I sabotage it myself by calling David on the phone a week early and asking if he minds me ordering my own present (this year I got a cute leather jacket and leather boots!) for Valentines. This just kind of takes the pressure off and allows me to get exactly what I want and not be disappointed or get angry. David has began following suit and I do not really mind.
I would love to hear others feelings on the holiday. Am I just not a romantic or do other people feel this same way?
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Valentines Day!
Posted by Kim at 6:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Boy! Don't get me started on this! Valentines day is an evil trap and I hate it with a passion.
It is just supposed to be a fun day but in reality too many place it as a barometer for the Love in their life. Expectations often are not met and it lands up backfiring on people. Jim is good about bringing fun things and that is nice but the bigger things count more in the long run. I say go for it if you can get a leather coat and boots out of the deal and pick them out yourself...woohoo!
I have similar feelings about Halloween. I love the fall things, the pumpkins, etc. but hate the dressing up part. I guess it is just individual preference.
I like being romantic, but married the wrong person for that. I bought a bouquet of flowers on Wednesday and quietly put them on the table myself. My husband noticed and asked why I bought flowers. What I wanted to say was, "Because I knew you wouldn't but I still wanted flowers." At least he knows I won't cook my own birthday cake anymore...
Post a Comment