I have been pondering alot of things lately and the one main thing which keeps coming to the front of my mind is 'Why do I worry about things so much?' I have been born and bred a worrier and now I am suffering the consequences of this faulty way of thinking. Worrying does not equal concern. It does not equal power. It does not equal anything productive. So why do I worry so much???? This is the question that I am focusing on in my life right now. Over the past few months there have been some very tragic and sad things happening in my life and in the lives of those around me. This has increased the worrying and increased my questioning how is worrying helping and how to stop. Well it is not helping, unless you call worrying so much that you end up in counseling and on higher doses of prescriptions. So any thoughts on controlling worry would be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OK Lady, your new name is going to have to be Worry Wart! It's the destiny of all moms to worry themselves sick isn't in? You are right though, it's pointless! Wasted energy...hmmmm--does worrying burn calories?
Hi Kim! I found you from Jen's blog! Welcome to blogging! My nick name growing up (and still now) was "worry wart". I wish there was a switch to just turn it off! We KNOW it does nothing to help but it is like telling me not to breathe! If there is something to worry about, I worry. So I have no advice, just empathy! Love ya!
excersising helps me, i feel tireing myself physically helps a little of the emotionally tiredness i have, i'm right there with you, stress has made me lose a lot of years, so i've been trying to find other ways to deal with things, try jumping around to music you love and do it till you drop, it helps i promise!
As I have gotten older I have learned that praying really helps and also just visualizing laying the burden down at the Savior's feet. My mom was a big worrier and I saw it was very unproductive. When I became a mom I understood it more, and participated in it. Now I am just more in the mode of knowing every breath is a gift, God is in charge, and you cannot change other people. Oddly enough, I learned a lot of this by getting over my horrendous fear of flying.
Post a Comment